Thursday, August 20, 2009

ATL is Back!

My girls down South are back for my viewing pleasure, but somehow this season isn't shaping up to be as exciting as the first one. It's like they are all too aware that the cameras are on and so the drama that ensues seems entirely unrealistic... even more so than before. Also, the huge rift between Kim and the others seems to be from things she said about them during the "off season," most of which is vague and I didn't hear about, making me feel sadly out of the loop.

We're about three shows in, and we've already witnessed a wig tug, a Dwight party with models dressed as animals, and Sheree getting into a screaming match with a party planner. Whoowee here we go.

First of all, bye Deshawn, I'm sorry you weren't interesting enough to stick around for season 2. If it is any conciliation the reason you were dropped is because you are too normal and likable. And I saw that your hubby is now doing some NBA commentary, good for him!

To replace Deshawn, we have Kandi Burruss, a singer/songwriter who cowrote the TLC hit "No Scrubs." Quite honestly, there was a huge scene where Kandi cries after reading blogs, so I don't want to say anything too mean about her... The ring your fiancee bought for you is lovely. However, I do have to wonder about the fact that your fiancee has 6 kids from 4 different women. I think that's what Ms. Burruss said on the last episode. Kandi if you're happy, then more power to you! But that's a lot of Baby Momma Drama, and has he since learned the magic of a condom? I'm still waiting for Kandi to show us why she is more exciting than Deshawn, though we did get a visit from T-Boz!!

On to the beautiful and fabulous Nene. She is still among my favorite housewives ever, but girl you know you're big boned. There is nothing wrong with that and it should be embraced. As someone who is not afraid to "tell it like it is" I'm surprised she's bothered in the least that someone might think she's a bit - voluptuous. Lisa, Nene is indeed plus-sized, ask Tyra. I'm hoping in the next episodes Nene reminds the world that she loves her curves, because I do. The haircut I'm not so sure about. How can a woman run around in the dresses Nene wears does with fabulous cleavage at every turn and not be proud that no one will need to offer her a sandwich at any time. The "fight" between Lisa, Nene and Sheree's friend Nadia was indeed weird. Nadia, there is nothing wrong with being called skinny and being offered a sammich. I'd love to be insulted in such a way on an hourly basis. Sadly, it's rare somebody thinks that I'm not getting enough carbs.

Lisa is still a little bundle of energy. And can we discuss how fabulous of a husband she has? Ed Hartwell is adorable and loves the carp out of his little spitfire. I do have one question... didn't Lisa have more children last season? This season we just hear about the newest one they have together and hear endless talk about wanting more. Ah, some research reminds me that she was formerly married to Keith Sweat, and he won't allow their two children to be on the show. Does that mean they live with one of the most forgettable members of New Edition? While I love Ed Hartwell to pieces, Lisa is a bit on the jumpy side this season. Every scene she is a comedian. I love how proud she is of running home after walking to Nene's house, especially since there has been a lot of discussion between the two of them how fun it is to love only a block apart. Lisa is working on her own clothing line, and similarly to Sheree she doesn't draw or sew, which means she is just basically paying to put her name on someone else's clothes. Can't wait till the fight about that one.

Sheree is just as annoying as ever. Talk about being aware of the cameras are on, except when she gets really down and dirty and has embarrass screaming matches with anyone around and then protests that she is the only one with class. She has been forced to move out of her home because her ex let the mortgage lapse. She's moved into a home that is still 20 times the size of my apartment, and is now spending time planning various parties for herself. The first one was going to include helicopters and other such necessities, until she got in a screaming match with the party planner because he wasn't licking her shoes, and he was mad that she wasn't licking HIS shoes. Ick. There was shouting, standing, swearing, "your momma's" and more all in an office setting. Somehow, Sheree is now friends with Nene and has a falling out with Kim. Despite their love fest last year, Sheree is now pulling Kim's wig when Nene tries to get the two to talk. She didn't want to pull it off, she just wanted to "shift" it.

And now on to the anomaly that is Kim. Could someone please explain to me how this woman has any money? Before I thought Big Poppa was funding her stupidly lavish lifestyle, but now it seems he is out of the picture and she is still dropping $3,000 on some procedure that rubs the cellulite out of her thunder thighs as she jokes about never going to a gym and complains that the visit is taking too long because she so busy doing...?? I know the show is about how rich these women are, but no one seems to embrace it like Kim. Designers are sending her dresses and bags to shift through, which is ridiculous since she oozes out of every piece of cheap-looking clothing she wears. Basically everyone hates Kim, and I am on team everyone.

Can't wait to see what's next, except for Nene finding her real dad. I love you, Nene, but some things might be better kept private.

No comments:

Post a Comment