
Since ANTM let me down with the worst pick in ANTM history, it was comforting to know before watching the Make Me a Supermodel finale that they couldn't really go wrong. Down to the final three guys, I was really fond of every one of them winning, though my heart belongs to Branden in the end. And guess who took the title of the super-ist of them all - my boy Branden!!
The finale itself was the usual snooze-fest filled with the three finalists amazed at the fact that they've actually made it this far! There were some montages of each of their past high points and low points, all of which I'd seen already and happily zipped through. I can't express enough how much I love my DVR. There were visits from family members and an art show with all of their photos, none of which I cared to watch. Heart of stone I tell you.
There were two challenges in the end, one where a photographer took huge photos of each guy with some odd camera that takes five minutes and only makes photos that are huge. Each one of the guys did a nice job, solidifying the fact I was fond of all three. To be honest, Jonathan somehow became a bit whiney, and I secretly hoped that he wouldn't end up with the all-important nomicker of "supermodel."
In the second challenge, the guys got to meet with Cosmo to do a faux cover shoot. Branden strapped on his cutie smile/scowl and the editors went nuts. Jonathan was a bit stiff, and Sandhurst was asked to take his shirt off. Though one of the editors, a wee little thing, seemed to think there was no need for Sandhurst to remove clothing, the leering photographer insisted. Certainly awkward for the rest of the world to observe. It was refreshing to see someone other then Ann Shoket from Seventeen.
After one last runway walk, the guys stood in front of the judges and answered questions asked of them. Branden was asked something about growing up without a dad, and the poor guy teared up. He walked away from the judges, and Sanhurst went over to help give him strength. Jonathan went over, too, but it seemed like only because Sandhurst went first. Also, the judges didn't mind the crying, though when Amanda cried she got reemed. Tyson and Nicole said some useless thing about the guys, though Nicole did say she'd give Branden her phone number if he wins. Well guess what, I'd have given him mine without a win - so there.
The judges deliberated (more forwarding), and the winner was revealed. Jonathan came in third place and was sent to the couch as Tyson stared at Sandhurst and Branden. In the end, Sandhurst was sent home and Branden was crowned the winner. Jonathan had the body for sure, Sandhurst had the abs and the personality, but Branden had it all. Finally, a model show makes the right choice. Congrats Branden!
I have never seen this show you speak of, but I'd like to thank you for posting that picture.
ReplyDelete