Friday, July 10, 2009

Too Old for The Real World?

I fear that I might just be getting too old for The Real World. I had some problems understanding the fights that erupted between the young whipper snappers in Brooklyn, but at least I could fall for one of them (sweet Ryan) and maybe understand another (Baya). But In Cancun, I have no idea what is wrong with these kids. They're just fighting and yelling at each other for no reason.

We're three episodes in now, and I guess everyone hates Ayiiia. I honestly am not sure why. Tattoo guy whose name escapes me right now fought with Ayiiia last week because he wanted to leave a club and she wanted a cigarette or something. One of the roomies was missing so Tattoo told her to shut up there were more important things. Then, Ayiiia walked around screaming that Tattoo guy has herpes on his lip. Tattoo was mad and embarrassed, so he spit in Ayiiia's food. All of these responses are completely foreign to many in so many ways, and then it gets better. Ayiiia holes up with Emily (it's not spelled that way but I don't care) and Jasmine to talk about how much Tattoo sucks. Then, Tattoo comes out with his guitar to rub it in their faces with a song. They then throw water on his guitar, and he cries because they ruined it. Um, then don't bring it out to taunt them.

That was last week's exciting and juvenile episode. This week, Ayiiia and Emily make out and proclaim their love for each other. The girls also decide they don't like Jonna because she hangs with the guys. The guys invite Emily and Jasmine out on the town then leave them behind. The next morning, they have to go to work early, and the guys are trying to speed the girls up and Emily freaks out. She is also mad because Ayiiia didn't back her up. So Emily and Jasmine miss out on a day of zip lining, shark feeding and other fun stuff because they're brats. Ayiiia dives right in and seems to have fun. Somehow along the way, everyone decides Ayiiia sucks and causes all the problems. They don't tell Ayiiia, and when she tries to talk to first Jasmine and then Emily, they both get annoyed at her. Lost yet? BECAUSE I AM.

All the girls seem to think that to be strong women they have to be mean, yelling bitches, and then they fight with the guys and complain how they just can't handle strong women. I'm tired of all these girls on reality TV giving girls a bad name. Ayiiia has some issues, but it appears so does everyone else. The solution? Blame it all on Ayiiia. Many times during this week's episode I had to look to Luther to see if he understood what the heck was going on. He'd pause from licking his feet to shrug.

My patience is wearing thing. It's difficult when I can't stand any of the people on the show, and can't spell their names correctly either. I'll give you at least one more week, Real World Cancun. Just one more week. You saw what I did to The Hills after three years! Finally gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment