
I'll tell you what I missed, an entire episode. It was one that Amy really wanted me to discuss, and now I sort of forgot what happened in that episode - oops. And it appears I've deleted it. Sorry.
I can remember a couple things. Ryan meets some music guy who hooks him up with another producer guy that could maybe give him some sort of opportunity, but I don't really know what his deal was. I do remember they met the music guy at Angels & Kings, which is the Fall Out Boy bar. Gosh, wonder how they got permission to shoot in there all the time? I don't recall them ever going to a different bar so far.
Back to the point, Ryan is all excited and he grabs mohawk Chet to go with him to meet this big fancy producer. Ryan looked all cute and fratty and the meeting started well, but then it went downhill when he had to go ahead and show his stuff.
Ryan was unsure what to share with his newfound friend, and so Chet suggests The Tampon Song. Already I'm sure you are thinking this is a bad idea, and you would be right.
The Tampon Song is basically about how Ryan wishes he were a tampon inside the woman of his lover. This line of thinking didn't go over well for Prince Charles, and the reaction from fancy pants producer let us know that it wasn't going to help Ryan, either. Why would he think singing this song was a good idea? We've heard him sing other songs that aren't half bad. Baya sits and stares at him in awe as he sings the other songs, so maybe those would have been choice at this important moment.
Fancy pants basically tells Ryan he needs to grow up and practice and be serious, and don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. Ryan tries to act cool, but then he snaps at Chet for suggesting The Tampon Song. Totally inappropriate - you dug your own grave my brother.
Aside from Ryan's Tampon Incident, there was some sexual tension between Baya and Ryan in this episode. In the grand tradition of Ryan, his approach is to be mean to her. I'm shocked he didn't try to pull her pigtails. In the end of the episode, Ryan decides to write Baya an e-mail telling her she's cool and he really likes her, but he has a girlfriend. I'm sure in his mind it was long and heartfelt, but to me it was just an immature guy e-mailing his ROOMMATE to tell her that he likes her but he can't do her because he has a girlfriend. If he didn't have a girlfriend, then he would nail her like he knows she wants to be nailed. I'm guessing it was maybe a little less crass, but it was an e-mail. An e-mail people. At least write a handwritten note and shove it under her pillow if you're going to be a wuss about it.
There are a couple of other people in the house, and so let's see what's going on with them. Katelynn is having problems with her boyfriend, Mike. I think it's pretty amazing that Mike is strong enough to not mind having a transgendered girlfriend, and you have to wonder if he knew from the start, or how that conversation went. That's neither here nor there, because now they're together and she explains on her bio page that one day she'd like to marry him. Well, now he won't even return her calls. When they do get in touch, Mike is distant and rude. Katelynn's reaction? She heads to a bar(most likely Angels and Kings)and makes out with a random girl. I might've responded a little differently, if it were me. This topic is dropped and really never picked up again. Even in the NEXT episode that I already covered for you (the one where I hate Devyn), they never mention what happened between the two.
That's all thats fit to print from about three weeks ago (or rather all that I can remember). What've we learned? Ryan is 12, Baya still doesn't have much personality and Katelynn's boyfriend isn't ready to marry her for whatever reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment