
I know that plenty of people have hated Making the Band since day one. I'm not talking about the original Making the Band with O-Town or whatever, but the Making the Bands that Puff, Puff Daddy P. Diddy presided over.
I watched a few of the episodes from the first Diddy season where he put together the weird rapping/singing conglomerate known as Da Band, but I couldn't even understand what everyone was saying as they yelled at each other so I stopped bothering. Then, Da Band fell apart and Diddy decided to start all over again with what was known as Making the Band 3.
I am not afraid to say that I saw every episode of Making the Band 3 and I might've teared up a little when Aundrea and Aubrey had a crying session in one episode and claimed they couldn't have gone through the process without one another. These were girls really longing for a dream and willing to do anything to make it come true. It took two seasons to bring together Danity Kane, as Aundrea, Aubrey and some other person who didn't actually make the band were the only ones the first time around that Diddy thought had the potential. After the second go he found Dawn, Shannon and D-Woods and Danity Kane was born!
Making the Band 3 became a little snooze-tastic after the band was formed and the girls started hanging out and touring, but for some reason I was still hooked and a few of their tunes have indeed made it onto my iPod.
After the girls got dull, Diddy decided to make a new band filled with guys, which would later be known as Day 26. Though the dude drama wasn't as interesting as what the ladies had to go through, I still enjoyed watching. There was Big Mike who had to lose weight to be considered a ladies man, as well as cutie Q and eye-candy Will. I think the appeal of these shows is that you pick a person (character) that you like and hope for them to make it into the band. In the end I was pleased with Diddy's choices, though I wasn't so sure about giving Donnie Klang a solo career.
Now that the bands were formed and all they had to tour, last season was all about just that. The episodes dragged a bit and of course I fast-forwarded through the actual concert footage, but it was still fun to watch everyone interact. Q and Dawn started a romance and Aubrey scared the crap out of Donnie. Diddy and Aubrey (who drifted towards this look) also got into some scuffles over the fact that she wasn't supposed to be Pam Anderson but that was the way Diddy saw her heading. I've always liked Aubrey, but when you're in Diddy's group you do what Diddy says! I also slowly began to appreciate the appeal of the lovely Shannon.
At the end of last season, all hell broke loose and Diddy kicked Aubrey and D Woods out of the band. While I did notice some tension surrounding the "look at me" stylings of Aubrey, there was no way to know this was coming because the editors made it seem like nothing was wrong. Why would they skip all this juicy drama that led up to such an event? Diddy pointed out that Aubrey and Aundrea don't even talk to each other, ever! I noticed they weren't friends, but who knew the extent. Perhaps they wanted the finale to be a shock, but it came out of nowhere.
The current season of Making the Band is utterly unwatchable. Aundrea and Dawn are the only members of Danity Kane remaining, and Ms. Aundrea could use the help of a treadmill. Yes, I am judging. Shannon isn't officially out, but due to legal issues she won't be on camera. The guys are trying to record their new album, but Q has turned into a little b**** and making things difficult for everyone. I think that Dawn and Q have broken up, but no one will discuss the topic. Donnie is constantly worried about "losing his dream" and I'm tired of seeing him grind on the same backup dancers and sing the same songs over and over again. And what is up with all the stupid hats? I haven't been able to find any photos, but I'm on the lookout. Robert, specifically, is wearing the most idotic looking hat that looks like a poof ball mohawk with ear flaps. I think they each got one or they're just passing around his.
Really the problem is Q. I'm sorry buddy, I liked you in the beginning. You were my favorite. I saw in the previews for next week that Robert refers to you as Aubrey, and I agree. Who do you think you are? I'm tired of these people not appreciating that they are lucky and are getting opportunities that millions would kill for. For some reason Q now thinks he's better than everyone else. Kick him out now.
Also, Diddy, the show has lost its luster. Day 26 can still make albums for screaming teenagers, but Danity Kane is not the same without Aubrey. D Woods faded into the background so she won't be missed, but we need saucy little Aubrey to make it happen. Just give up on the show and start concentrating on the music. Isn't that what you pretended this was about in the first place??
No comments:
Post a Comment