I've finally finished watching the last few episodes of Real World Brooklyn that were hogging up precious space on my DVR. While some seasons I got angry and had no idea why I bothered taping this drivel week after week, this season I just sort of fast forwarded through most of it. I have to admit that part of the appeal was that I grew a nice little crush for Ryan, and part of it was because I was waiting for something to actually happen! We've got a mormon virgin, a transgendered person a military man and a dancer with anxiety attacks - what could possibly happen next? I'll tell you what, pranks.
Yes folks, this season spent many an episode on the pranks that the housemates pulled on each other and the reactions that ensued. The guys loved to cause pranks but clearly couldn't take them and would get pissed with the girls actually tried. I'm not kidding in that almost every episode spent a good 20 minutes concentrating on these stupid pranks that no one cared about.
In the last episode, the girls finally pulled some pranks on the guys. JD watched them, and they asked that he didn't reveal whodunnit. The guys immediately blame JD for pouring soap in their milk and milk in their clothes, and JD immediately says the girls did it. The girls are mad that JD betrayed them and insist they are innocent. This is the LAST episode and this is the only thing that occurs. Finally, JD starts to cry because no one believes him and then Chet decides JD is telling the truth. Now the guys can yell freely at the girls. They're not mad about being pranked, oh no! They're mad that the girls lied. The next morning Ryan sings his tampon song and all is forgotten. Hugs all around as cabs pull up and I hit fast forward.
The finale had a few sparks when Katelynn would not retract her statement that JD had no soul, but other than that it was another snoozefest. Ryan surprises the crew and shows up, though everyone thought he wouldn't be able to make it. Iraq deployment is just a week away so he appears in army fatigues with a cute haircut that makes his eyes look a lovely shade of blue. When he arrives Baya runs at him full speed and wraps her legs around him. Then when the blank but hot host indicated two of the castmembers are dating, my heart sinks as I know what is coming up later.
Chet essentially admits his love for Ryan, Katelynn is mad that Ryan asked too many questions about her operation even though he told her he'd stop whenever he went to far, Baya is now recording music and Devyn is also working on her singing. Scott had about as much to say as he ever did on the show and Baya revealed that she has anxiety that was never displayed on any episodes. In fact, many noticed that Baya didn't get much screen time and perhaps it is because she wasn't interesting in the least.
And so it comes out that Ryan and Baya are now "something" because they can't be dating now that he is being shipped to Iraq. Devyn, Scott and Baya all live together to make their dreams come true, the reason why they did the Real World in the first place, and when Ryan breezes through town he sleeps in Baya's bed, or something like that. It was obvious the second Ryan opened his mouth and strummed his guitar and Baya gazed at him lovingly that she wanted to jump his bones. It's a shame that Ryan waited until after the show to break up with Michelle/Belle because he could've shtupped Baya along with a bunch of groupies while he was on the show. Now he actually has to sort of date her.
I must admit I didn't finish the reunion special. I had to leave and my efforts to fast forward through the lame flashbacks did not help me complete the episode in time. Part of me wants to just delete the crap even if it means I won't get to see Ryan's little face again, but I'm guessing he will appear on many Real World/Road Rules challenges after he gets back from Iraq and then I can see him then. Maybe they'll have some bloopers in there in the last five minutes, so I'll give it a chance and report if anything actually occurs.
Lastly, I do feel bad for saying this and not just because it's my darling Ryan, but can you imagine how happy MTV would be if Ryan is injured in Iraq or even worse? They would hit the jackpot! They can make another low-budget movie called Ryan's Story (ala Pedro's Story) and show it to Season 40 of the Real World in about five years. Why do you think they picked him in the first place? The second he got the call that he had to go back three producers in an MTV office cheered at ther uncanny luck.
So stick it to the MTV suits and come back safely Ryan. Then dump Baya and give me a call.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment