Friday, March 6, 2009

The Next Cycle Begins!

Cycle 12 has begun, and I'm just as excited as ever before. Even though McKey was just named the Cycle 11 champ a few months ago, as soon as I saw commercials I became excited. Aside from a few moments where I had to mute the screaming to stay sane, the first episode of ANTM Cycle 12 did not disappoint. Yes, they have a format down and there is rarely a surprise, but I still slurp it up like an apple martini.

The first episode is always the same. There are too many girls, and then they whittle down to 13 to live in the house. Of those that didn't make it into the house, the only standout was a young lady with fake hair and fake nails that had that whole hard as rocks attitude. She wasn't pretty or modelesque at all, but she was feisty and had enough 'tude to pick a fight with Kenyan model Sandra. Everyone hated Sandra, but no one had the gall to fight with her but whats her name with the 'tude. I also hated Celia from the start because she's not attractive at all. And, she's old at a whopping 25 years old, so that's why she made it into the house.

Once the top 13 were picked, I was upset about Celia and Isabella. Isabella is pretty enough, but I feel like I saw her in the suburbs last week at the local Bennigans. She has epilepsy, which is why she made it onto the show.

The girls have a challenge where they have to pose with some bad girls and pretend to play little girl games such as ring around the rosie and hula hoops. It's way too early to go over what's going on with everyone, so I'll give you a snapshot of those that matter and will continue to matter.

Sandra believes she is all that and a bag of Doritos. She will remain for a while because she is the drrrrrrraaaaaaaaaama factor. She's pretty enough, but it's her business that will make her stick around. She's also horribly annoying and I don't like her, which means I'll have to suffer through her for a while.

Alison has weird scary creepy eyes. She is the "pretty-ugly" girl ala Brooke and Lluvy. The pretty-ugly girl never wins, and Alison is obsessed with bloody noses. Huh? Tahlia is very lovely, and she's on the show because she has burn scars on her legs and stomach. Don't get me wrong, she is very beautiful, but she is a little on the big side to be a model. She is the Isis of the group, who is very different and beautiful in her own way. Those girls don't win either. Tahlia pulled a cord and a coffee pot fell on her when she was 8 months old. Tahlia gets upset because when they do a runway rock, she is covered up while the other girls are wearing little outfits. I think she is absolutely correct to be upset. The point of her uniqueness and the reason she wants to be on the show is to show others that her scars are beautiful and nothing to fear.

London is a street preacher. I thought it was a joke at first, but London wants to get the word of Jesus out to the masses on the show. Which doesn't fit with her bohemian outfit and her pounds of makeup and eyeliner. I have to wonder if it is just a gimmick. Kortnie is the plus-size model of the group, and as usual she looks thinner than me.

Early favorites for me are Fo, who is too short to win, Nijah, who is too pretty and will go the way of Brittany last year, and my absolute fave is Jessica. For some reason, Jessica was picked third to last. She is the best looking and had a great walk, so I don't understand.

Isabella is sent home, and I think that's totally appropriate. Sandra was also in the bottom two, but that was just to scare her. The drama queen can't go home first!

Why is it the girls scream oh so much? I know that not everyone is a Tyra fan, but I can't help but love her. However, if I were to meet her on the street I would NOT scream. Now, if I were to meet Jay Manuel, then that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment