Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quest Crew Crowned ABDC

Season 3 has ended, and Quest Crew was named as the champs for this season of America's Best Dance Crew. While I really did like Quest (still kicking myself for not saying anything when I saw them in L.A. before the show began), I'm a bit disappointed that the ladies of the Beat Freaks didn't win.

Throughout the whole show, the Beat Freaks showed that they had the same talent and drive as any of the boys. They completely blew the Fly Kicks out of the water. I will admit that the last performance was not their best. Quest Crew looked better in the final "decathlon" challenge. The Beat Freaks have the technical skills, but in this last challenge, Quest Crew showed personality and swagger that can't be beat:



I'm not going to show you the Beat Freaks' version, because it just isn't that interesting. However, I would like to show you my favorite Beat Freaks dance of the season. For some reason I can't find just the dancing, so skip through the junk at the beginning and get to the dancing about a minute and a half in.



The Beat Freaks were just solid every week, but I guess Quest Crew pulled it out at the end. I want to show you two more of my favorite dance numbers from this season, which occurred on the Brittney Spears night:






Congrats to Quest Crew! I hope that it was the last performance that won them the competition, and not the fact that America isn't ready to credit the ladies the way they deserve to be credited.

Last but not least, no none will be able to top this performance by the first ever ABDC champ, the Jabbawockeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment