Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lip Tattoos and Bad Wives


Oh boy I'm so behind. I guess I warned you in the beginning this would happen. I am a week behind on Momma's Boy, I haven't even looked at the new Bachelor, I watched Real World and that one is coming next. So lucky readers here is a rundown of Real Housewives from about three weeks ago. I watched it about three weeks ago, too, so let's see what my little memory can muster up. This time at least you'll know it's truly the good stuff, because that's all I can remember.

First off, new insta-best friends Vicki and Tamra are still in Havasu. If you remember waaaay back, a preview informed us that Jeana was going to do something really really horrible. Turns out, she invited Frankie to come to Havasu with her. Frankie and Vicki hate each other because Vicki rented Frankie a house that needed construction, and he didn't pay all that he was supposed to pay. The details are hazy (natch) and so really who knows which side to take because Vicki is melodramatic and annoying, but Jeana is sort of mean and Frankie seems self-centered. Log me on team Vicki I suppose, because regardless of who is right in this sitch, Jeana knows Vicki and Frankie aren't cool and thus really shouldn't have invited him to Havasu at the same time. Vicki doesn't want to sit by them, and they all whisper and giggle. Tamra tries to play both sides, but ultimately she stays true to her new bff. Jeana thinks everyone should grow up, though it was hardly mature of her to bring him in the first place. Also, he seems like the kind of guy that gets cold sores, what happens to the tattoo then?

Meanwhile, back in the OC, new girl Lynne is preparing her daughter Raquel's bday party. Raquel is whining about the dress she is wearing and all of sudden wants to wear her sister Alexa's dress instead. Alexa seems to do whatever Raquel wants and so they change clothes. The cool thing is, Alexa is about a foot taller than Raquel, so the little teeny dress Raquel was wearing looks ridiculous on her younger, taller and skinnier sister. They head to lunch and Alexa runs into her boyfriend on the way, who tells her she looks like a prostitute, that's the kind of sweet nothings I'd like to hear. The party is a snooze and Raquel gets a car.

Kara has to get a job so she works at a boutique for kid's clothes that probably cost more than anything I own. I do commend Jeana for making her kids work and not just handing them dough. Kara wants to make the job more fun and helps her boss redo the boutique so that is geared more toward adults. Kara also spends a lot of time yelling at her boss. Kara seems like a smart girl, but she's going to have a hard time existing in the corporate world if that's the direction she'd like to go. Jeana may not give her kids dough, but I can absolutely see her allowing Kara to move right back in after she graduates from Berkley, that is if she doesn't transfer first.

Tamra and Ryan have a heart to heart about Ryan's new tattoo. Apparently Ryan knocked some girl up and they were going to keep the baby. Unfortunately, the girl had a miscarriage. They saw the ultrasound and the child looked like a chicken nugget. He even musters up a little tear. Tamra of courses balls and is upset that he didn't tell her. Why wouldn't he tell his mom so that he can get more money and support? While it is tragic that the baby did not survive, it's probably best for the world that Ryan does not procreate. But now that beautiful child will be forever immortalized on the inside of Ryan's lip.

Last but not least, it's time for the other girls to meet Lynne! Jeana, Tamra and Vicki have dinner, and Gretchen arrives with Lynne. They all make fake nice until Lynne freaks out because the girls are talking about kids and private schools. Lynne is sooooo tired of talking about kids! Sadly, she is the new girl and can't interrupt everyone because she's tired of the topic. I think she was trying to be cute? Gretchen and Lynne go pee together and the others make fun of Lynne's skinny body and big fake boobs. Well, maybe they didn't make fun of her boobs, but they certainly think she's too skinny. Green monster rears its ugly head. Gretchen and Lynne return and then Gretchen mentions she went to Lake Bass with her family. Tamra is shocked that Gretchen left Jeff alone in the ICU; the same thought I had last week. Gretchen is instantly hurt and tells Tamra she has no right to judge. This is true, Tamra can not understand what Gretchen is going through, and if she were someone I believed truly loved her fiancee and wasn't just a gold digger, then I would feel sorry for Instead, I agree with Tamra and would like to give her a high five for saying that out loud. I'm liking Tamra more and more every week.

Survey says the new girls don't like Lynne. Actually Jeana appears more open minded, but I think it's because Tamra took her spot as Vicki's BFF.

Phew! Now I have to watch last week's. I can't wait to see it, well at least the preview for NEXT week's because Amy reported it appears that Gretchen tries to make out with Ryan. Holy cow that will be good. More info when I get that far.

1 comment:

  1. I am liking Tamra more and more too!

    I'm actually watching a re-run of this episode right now... for like the 10th time... need to get a life. I find Raquel and Alexa's voices so incredibly annoying. Is it a specific OC accent? Like, they say "Dod" instead of "Dad" and "thot" instead of "that." Can't wait for Drunk Gretchen on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete