As usual I'm way behind on my shows. I shouldn't even bother mentioning it because it's just a given. However, I have a small dilemma because I do like to link back to the Momma's Boys site so that my faithful readers can have a visual of the tramp-tastic lady I'm discussing at the moment. But since I'm a week off I'm going to see who was left in the dust in the episode I haven't had the pleasure to watch. Dilemmas dilemmas.
I'd like to pause for a second to thank Ms. Erin Brady of Glassman Media for digging up my blog and sending me a pink Momma's Boys hat for showing support for the show. Pink isn't really my color, but its a nice reminder by my lap top that perhaps maybe some people are reading this! Though it was a very lovely gesture, it is not going to keep me from expressing my honest thoughts about this silly show that is completely and utterly staged.
In this episode, the girls get to celebrate the holidays with their boys! They even fly in some young relatives to join festivities, and force the girls to get in touch with their motherly instincts. Jojo and Michael will have a fake Christmas, while Robby and his ladies can learn all about Hanukah. In this episode, it is revealed for the first time that Esther's favorite girl, Lauren, is Jewish. Well now Esther's love for her makes sense! However, its surprising that of 32 women they could only scrape up one full Jew and a half Jew, who was cut rather early. Robby has mentioned that religion is important in his life, so if the producers really wanted to find him a mate, maybe they could've rounded up more Jews. We're everywhere!
So during Hanukah Lauren sneered at all the girls that were trying to learn to be Jewish. Camilla, who is actually quite adorable, and possibly my favorite, really made an effort to learn how to light candles and make latkes. It's a shame she forgot the word dreidel two seconds after she learned it, especially since this is something that I thought Christians learned in school when the teacher pretended to care about Hanukah.
In the middle of Michael's Christmas party, he gets a text from Megan to meet her downstairs. I never knew the girls had the guy's phone numbers! Michael heads downstairs and sees Megan in a little lingerie outfit that looks like a santa's helper costumer or something. Who the hell has that in general, let alone brings it on a trip. Megan is on-call for Playboy, so I guess it makes sense. Michael is pleased as punch and they make out for a while. Upstairs, Erica, Lorraine's favorite, is trying to make nice with the imported young relative, and everyone wonders where Michael could possibly be.
I can't remember what went down with Jojo, so it must not have been that interesting.
After the holiday parties, the guys get to go on some more one-on-one dates. Jojo picks Misty, and Mrs. B freaks, because Misty is of course black. Mrs. B confront Misty, who is silly enough to defend herself. There are some heated words.
Jojo and Misty go on their date and Mrs. B follows them in a helicopter. She spots them kissing and she wails and cries like nobody's business. When she lands back at the house she tells both Camilla and Maisha (Moesha) how she is completely devastated that her boy would disobey her like this. At that point, Maisha lets Mrs. B know that maybe what she said can be hurtful, especially because she doesn't want Jojo to date a black woman. Mrs. B insists she just has opinions, but then says she didn't mean to hurt anyone. Group hug!
When Misty returns Mrs. B apologizes, and Misty accepts. Another hug!
Honestly, I can't remember if there were any other dates on this episode, there must have been, but they probably weren't exciting. Instead of a normal elimination, each boy gets to invite two girls to go to a tropical location and then their mom gets to pick one.
Robby picks Camilla, and Esther is a bit upset. Esther says that it is because she wants Robby with a Jewish girl. I think that Esther is a bit upset that Camilla is black. If Esther only wants a Jewish girl, then Lauren is the only option, which we addressed before. Then Robby invites Amanda, but she says that she isn't really into him and doesn't want to take some other girl's spot. This is really generous of her, but we all know she really likes six-pack Michael. Greedy, aren't we? Robby then invites another random girl and acts like she was the first choice. I think it's this Nikki girl.. .but I'm not sure. Esther predictably picks Lauren.
Michael picks Erica, which is so stupid because he knew that his mom was going to pick her and could've picked someone else. Michael then walks over to all the girls and tells Michelle and Megan to come forward. Previously, everyone went to a little nook by the pool to find out their fate. He then picks Megan and gives Michelle the boot. Lorraine should be happy, but she hates Megan, too, because of the whole Playboy thing. See, if Michael had let Lorraine pick Erica he could've had both his dumb blondes!! Lorraine then picks Amanda. Lucky her for getting a second chance, though I really don't like her all that much. She's clearly only interested in looks and I hopes she falls on her butt in the end. But she is a med student and so all the mommies like her.
It's Jojo's turn, and he brings Misty over to tell her that he's letting her go because she disrespected Mrs. B. Really, Mrs. B. disrespected Misty, but who's counting. This is the exact same thing that happened to Vita. In the end, either Jojo is also racist like his mom, or he's so afraid of her that he won't date a black woman. Jojo picks Mindy, and some other blonde I'd never heard of. Come to think of it, maybe Nikki was Jojo's? Eh, it doesn't matter because the Web site informs me that Nikki was cut in the episode I haven't watched yet. I hope you're not getting all your news on the show from me because clearly my memory is shot.
Now it's Mrs. B's turn to pick, and she decides that no one is good enough for her son so she's not picking anyone!! Left behind are little cut Liz and Maisha. Even though Mrs. B and Maisha had that great talk, she's not good enough for Jojo. So there.
Now everyone is off to a romantic getaway!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment