One of the best reality franchises around is the Real Housewives of Orange County, Atlanta and New York. I'm not keeping any secrets, and you can log me as Team Nene and Team Ramona. Sadly, Orange County does not have any teams. Those girls all pretend to like each other and smile as much as they can through the botox.
Unfortunately, I have begun my blog at a strange time. Real Housewives of Atlanta, which brought me much astonishing joy, ended a couple of weeks ago. My favorite episode by far was the one where Kim with her fake hair explained that cat is spelled K-A-T and proclaimed to the world that she doesn't need to know anything about music because she is a singer. Ooh! I also loved the one where she was afraid to try this new invention called "guacamole" because it was prepared with "stones." Poor Kim, I'd like to introduce you to the terms "pestle and "mortar." You don't have to know these big words to understand the concept, or to just realize that a restaurant is not going to serve you food out of a dirty stone. One more favorite Kim moment! I loved it in the finale when she attributed her wig to being ill, then she told everyone that her doctor said he was 90 percent sure she had cancer. Host Andy Cohen has to ask her multiple times if she actually had cancer before she said "no." If you want to wear a wig, then go ahead and do your thing. No one cares why, just own it and continue to pretend to be 29.
There are multiple reasons that the Real Housewives franchise fascinates me. First, of course, is the wealth. I can not imagine as I write on my laptop with a broken key what it would be like to have never seen my fully furnished home before moving in, ala Deshawn Snow. Or what about blowing $100,000 on a clothing line without actually having the talent to do anything other than yell at others doing all the work, like our dear Sheree?
As I said before, I am proud to shout that I am on Team Nene. I would like Nene to be one of my best friends. Some think that she betrayed Kim with her silly song, but Kim couldn't sing, it was a well-documented fact. And, Kim betrayed Nene first by befriending Sheree, who totally left Nene's name off a party guest list on purpose. I want Nene to take me out to a fancy lunch and just straight out tell it to me like it is. Though I must admit her drama with her dad/not dad was a bit tedious.
Now that I've reminisced, it is time to move on. Atlanta has ended, and I hope it will return in a few months so that I can give you weekly updates about what is happening, and we can see if Kim is still letting her teenage daughter sleep in her bed. For now, the Orange County ladies are back for their 100th season it seems, but with the botox flowing none of them look a day older, just a day weirder.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment