Last night I actually found time to watch live TV. Normally I would never do such a thing, but I was waiting for my ride (who shall remain anonymous until she is late picking me up again) and I had nothing left in the ol' DVR.
At times it's good to be at one with live TV. I saw some great commercials I had never seen before. Have you noticed that shampoo commercials are getting a bit out of hand? I saw one where the woman's hair was so digitally enhanced that it looked like a computerized weave. Clearly her hair does not look like that, and thus my hair will not look like that with your product.
I also discovered that Kath & Kim has some amusing moments, but on the whole I'm not sure I can get into it.
The real gem that I discovered while tooling around live TV is that NBC is bringing us a show called Momma's Boys. From what I gathered watching the commercial, this is the Bachelor, only now mamma is getting involved. I had always learned that Momma's boys are not the kind that you want to snag, but the ladies in bikinis on this show seemed pretty excited about the prospect.
After looking at the Web site, I have discovered this is the brainchild of Ryan Seacrest! In all his free time he has come up with another reality show. Good for him, there aren't nearly enough out there. He would like to ask, "who really is the most important woman in a man's life." Why is it that he is posing this question? Is he in fact a momma's boy, or was momma not present?
I can't seem to find a lot of information on the show without watching a video, which honestly I don't want to do. I see there are three boys, and my favorite part of the preview was when one of the momma's jumped into a hot tub with one of the ladies on the show. How funny! Mom in the hot tub? So awkward!
This post isn't about Web sites, it's about shows. I can take a guess based on the preview, but sometimes those clever reality producers surprise me, and thus I will dive in and attempt to make it through the first episode of this and report back. I'm going to go ahead and enter my guess, so that after Dec. 16 (must remember to set DVR) I can come back and proclaim that I am awesome.
I'm sure that all these Realtors and pharmacy saleswomen came to vie for the attention of three hot, buff boys that probably have a decent enough job. Perhaps a lawyer, teacher or financier type of guy. They'll meet them all and shmooze, all while mommy dearests watch the action from a video screen in a secret mommy room. I'm guessing the women won't know until a later episode (3 maybe?) that momma is in for the ride, too. At that point, the ladies will have to cover their cleavage and show mom why they are the best for whichever man they want. The only thing that is unclear is why there are three men... stay tuned and I'll fill you in.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment