Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Houswife Reveals Drinking Makes You Fat


The new housewife has arrived! While I do believe Lynn is a bit more genuine and less scary looking than Laurie, who I believe is off in the Bahamas or some remote island with her new hubby sans Children, she is still quite ridiculous. She does have a rockin' body, which we got to see as she and Gretchen went shopping for dresses that are $1,200. Lynn is still married and has been for 18 years, that alone makes her original in Coto.

Meanwhile, Simon takes Tamra's daughter Ryan to a shooting range! He's thinking about becoming a cop, which Tamra thinks is the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately for her, Ryan just received two tickets from a cop and has decided their wimps and it is no longer a cool profession. He's too good for a life like that where they hide out and give people tickets for breaking the law. All cops are assholes and he hates them all!

I am starting to really like Tamra, though. She has lunch with Gretchen and some other person we don't know or care about, and comes clean about her snotty comments. In the limo a few episodes ago she exclaimed, "hold on to your daddies girls, here comes Gretchen." A statement I found both accurate and hilarious. Tamra admitted what she said and apologized. In Atlanta, they just let these statements turn into rumors and then all of a sudden there is a catfight outside of a party. Thankfully, Tamra would rather clear the air and for that I commend her. I do feel bad that her son is a lazy spoiled brat, but when she finds out he isn't going to be a cop she says the exact same thing! We're totally on the same page! Maybe Tamra and I can be friends.

New housewife Lynn takes her 17-year-old daughter to discuss her upcoming birthday. The daughter wants a big party, but Lynn doesn't want to organize such a thing. Fair enough. Somehow they land on the topic of hangover remedies, and Lynn is happy to share her thoughts about the subject with her daughter, who appears to have her own remedies. They discuss ways to cure hangovers until Lynn finally realizes that her daughter isn't old enough to drink. She tells the camera that her kids aren't angels, but they are good kids. Rather than scold her daughter for underage drinking, she reminds her that alcohol has a lot of calories and can make you fat. She should really be a speaker at an AA meeting. I'm guessing she could change a lot of peoples' lives.

Kara was jealous that Ryan got to shoot a gun, so she convinces Simon to take her, too. Kara finds a reason to say vagina and Simon is embarrassed. This scene is basically pointless.

Ooh! A commercial informs me that next week Jeana will stab Vicki in the back. Can't wait to see what that's about.

In our final scene, Tamra, Jeana and Vicki have some lunch by the ocean. They call Gretchen, who couldn't make it because she's taking care of Jeff. Jeana and Tamra feel bad, but Vicki isn't so sure. That's OK Vicki, I'm not so sure, either. Then, Jeana and Vicki get in a fight over Vicki's ex husband. From what I can gather, the ex, Mike, was an alcoholic and Vicki packed the kids up and moved them out of Chicago and out to California. Vicki blames Mike for not being in the kids' lives, but Jeana thinks that he didn't have a chance because Vicki moved them over to the other side of the country. I don't think that I can judge based on the little bit of information I have on this. I sort of see Jeana's point, but Vicki is supposedly her best friend. Shut up and don't take her ex's side.

Can't wait to see some back stabbing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment